Monday, July 10, 2006

The government has announced a new terrorist threat level warning system.

The levels are:
  1. Look at my face. Am I bovered?
  2. Slight unease
  3. Unease
  4. Spare trousers on standby.
  5. Violent death moments away.
Level 1 will never be used and is totally superfluous. Level 2 is also extremely unlikely ever to be used. Terrorist attacks are unpredictable. Think of the political implications should an attack occur when the government has us at level 1 or 2. I doubt very much we'll get below level 4 at any point during this parliament.

It's desperate stuff. Does it really need to be pointed out yet again that the terrorists are trying to frighten us and that the target government isn't supposed to help?

This, however, is very good indeed.

The government has also released its counter-terrorism strategy today. I've not had a chance to look at it yet so I'm going to print it out and read it properly before commenting on it. I'm even going to try to approach it with an open mind.

Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the link is broken, try http://www.bbdo.co.uk/blog/archives/111