Wednesday, April 26, 2006

At PMQs today, Blair was asked (by Bob Wareing, Lab) whether he could spare five or ten minutes this afternoon to meet some of the families of those soldiers who've been killed in Iraq. They were to be attending a meeting at one of the committee rooms at Westminster. Blair didn't answer the question so I'm presuming he couldn't spare the necessary five or ten minutes. He's probably got a busy afternoon lined up pursuing his new role as guardian of the accuracy of the media.

Blair said:
I yield to nobody, nobody in my support and my admiration for the work that the soldiers do in Iraq. It is also important, however, that I never have to speak to anyone who might still be upset about the fact that I lied through my teeth to get us into this mess in the first place.
I may have paraphrased him slightly.

Tags: , , ,

No comments: