Thursday, February 09, 2006

Bubba, should I build the wall?

January 27th - President Bush approval ratings at all time low.

February 6th - President Bush seeks to increase US military spending while cutting back on healthcare costs.

February 9th - President Bush says "daddy keeps the bad men away. You need daddy. Without daddy, you'd be all alone when the evil men come to you in the night. Daddy always knows best. Daddy will protect you."

Just to be clear, I'm not questioning the veracity of the alleged plot. But the timing, the sweet, sweet timing. How long has he had that ace up his sleeve?

There are going to be lots more of these "newly declassified details" to wonder at between now and the November elections. That's guaranteed. If I'm wrong about that, come back in nine months and see me forced to consume my cap.

Tags: , , ,

No comments: