Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A decent and honourable man

So said Tony Blair, thus proving that he can't tell the difference between an elephant and a postbox.* Blunkett has resigned. Again. Yay! He's done nothing which warrants this resignation apparently. He just resigned anyway. Er, ok then.

Is it just me or is it very odd for someone to take up a new job with two weeks to go until the general election? I'd have thought he might have been busy campaigning or something. Or does Blunkett not bother with such trivialities? Anyway, he's gone now. Again. By my reckoning, he's looking odds on for a job at the European Commision. As I understand it, that's the standard reward for having to resign from government twice.

Ah. still, Blunkett's gone. Happy days indeed. It really couldn't have happened to a bigger git. Well, there is one bigger git who really ought to resign too. No prizes for guessing who that is.

Btw, I'm ridiculously busy (by my standards anyway) so I've got a fair few interesting comments I haven't had a chance to respond to. I will get round to it shortly.

* It's an old, bad joke: What's the difference between an elephant and a postbox? You dont know? I won't be asking you to post my letters. Boom boom.

No comments: