Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Tinpots

This man has his finger on the UK's nuclear launch button. For some reason he seems incredibly keen that we should know he's in charge. I prefer not to think about it myself. Still, This pantomine stage show spontaneous gesture really makes me puke warms my heart.

Secret courts are being considered by the Home Office. There also seems to be a move towards allowing suspects to be held for up to three months before being charged. I'm not impressed. I have got a question. If these new measures are so desperately needed, why don't we have them already? Before the recent attacks, the government constantly reminded us that an attack was inevitable. If they knew it was going to happen shouldn't they have already passed these laws?

Money, money, money, must be funny...
Or perhaps not. Is someone looking for another downpayment on a very large and apparently unaffordable mortgage?

No comments: