Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Fair and Balanced

The Scotsman has a splendid front page today.
Stay in your home!

As the small caption at the bottom says, this is a photo of Darfur survivors burning a replica hut in protest at the international community's lack of action. The accompanying article, headlined Battle lines drawn for Gleneagles siege: G8 protestors pledge blockade as leaders arrive for summit, doesn't actually refer to this protest. Neither do pages 2 - 7. In fact, it appears you've got to go back to May 3rd to find reference to Darfur in a Scotsman article.
It is an ecovative image though.

(Not stricly related but it turns out that I've not been able to attend any of the protests. I have a lame excuse but it's a bit long winded. It's also all about me. As such, I'll leave it for the weekend. As a few kind readers may know, I tend to ramble on then anyway.)

No comments: