Thursday, June 09, 2005

Inadvisable Posting

I'm going to make a prediction but first I need to set the scene. I've been awake for almost 24 hours. I'm trying to readjust my hours of conciousness so that they fit with those of most other people in the UK. At best, I'd say I'm in a dwam. I may have left a couple of ill considered comments as I've travelled the interwebs this afternoon. Ah well, not to worry, I'm still going to make this ill advised, bad taste, and probably quite offensive prediction.

I've been trying to avoid the coverage of the Michael Jackson trial. It's all a bit "media circus" for my liking. Unfortunately, it's pretty much unavoidable, even on BBC news, so I'm aware that the jury is considering it's verdict. It seems to me that the verdict, whatever it is, will in no way prove anything one way or the other. I'm not going to predict the verdict, I'm going more long term. I predict that if Michael Jackson is found guilty, and if he is sent to prison, it will be the first tentative steps in the foundation of a new religion.

OK, I warned you it was inadvisable. Still, if the two conditions are met, I'd say the religion of Jacksonism will be thriving within 20 years or so. Remember to check back in 20 years to congratulate me if I'm right.

I'm switching off my pc now and going to sleep.

No comments: