Friday, May 20, 2005

You Can Meme

But I'd Rather You Sing It Live

I've been passed a music meme by doctorvee. You know how it is; you wait and wait for a meme and then two come along at once (within a week anyway). Here we go:

Total volume of music files on my computer:
It's about 35MB (13 songs). I'm a bit stone age when it comes to music storage. I had copied some of my CD's onto the computer but I never used them so I deleted them again. I get my portable music through a Minidisc player. I'd like an ipod but it's not a high priority (feel free to send me one if you've got one spare though).

The last CD I bought was:
The last one I bought was the eponymous Kasabian album ( 10 pretentious ar*e points for use of language there, I feel). I don't buy many CD's at the moment but a liked a couple of their singles so much I just had to buy this.

Song playing right now:
I'm actually listening to Be-Bop to Hip-Hop on the BBC's Listen Again service. In fact, I've just accidentally interrupted that looking up those links. So now I'm listening to the first song again: C Love Floats by Donovan.It's worth a second listen so no harm done.

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
Never easy these, I'm still thinking about the book one. I can't believe I didn't include Catch 22. Or Whit by Iain Banks...
Music, yes, right. This is the list as I type:
Californication, Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
How to Disappear Completely, Radiohead. (Basically I could choose any track from Kid A, it's something doctorvee and I have in common.)
Kashmir, Led Zepplin.
Killing in the Name, Rage Against the Machine.
Redemption Song, Bob Marley.
Root Down, Beastie Boys.
Charlotte Sometimes, The Cure.
Take the Long Way Home, Faithless.
Roads, Portishead.
Shine on you Crazy Diamond, Pink Floyd.
OK, so that's 10. It's my blog I'll list 10 if I want. You should just be grateful I haven't listed the reasons why I like each song.

Five people to whom I’m passing the baton:
Five people, hmm. I'll choose the last 5 people who've left comments or Trackbacks here. Think of it as reward or punishment as you see fit.
They are BlairNecessities, my favourite person in the whole USofA, Gràisg from up north, Bertie from down south (this'll hopefully help with your bloggers block), D-Notice (nice template, well chosen) and Stuart who helped my Anne Begg blog get where it is today.
Over to you people.

It's not compulsory. It's just for fun*.

*Still copyright of Peter Snow

No comments: