Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Nearby, this happened

Election Leaflet
Election Leaflet,
originally uploaded by CuriousHamster.
This isn't anything to do with my own constituency. This leaflet was delivered today in Aberdeenshire West and Kincardine. I've always taken a passing interest in politics and I've never seen anything like this. Have a look and see if you can spot which party Alex Johnstone is standing for.
It doesn't, I had to look it up to be sure. He's a CONSERVATIVE. Not ashamed of that, are you Alex Johnstone? Being a CONSERVATIVE, I mean. I'm sure your not. It was probably just an oversight that your leaflet fails to mention that you, Alex Johnstone, are a CONSERVATIVE. I'm sure you are very proud to be a CON... (that's enough, Ed.) I suppose there is a possibility that the leaflet has nothing to do with Alex Johnstone. I might write to him to find out after the election.
Anyway, the Lib Dems are defending this seat with the Conservative, Alex Johnstone, in second place (oh, is that another place where the Vote Lib Dem, get the Tories line doesn't hold true?). The Lib Dem is Robert Smith. Hang on, that might be wrong.
Ah yes, the Lib Dem is Sir Robert Smith. He's defending a reaonable majority but Labour voters might consider voting for him too. Wouldn't want the Tories to get in by the back door!

No comments: