Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A Short Diary Post

Insommnia strikes
Last night I couldn't sleep. I tried a long slow walk at around 1am, and again at around 2.30am. Then I tried a hot bath. Then I took off my NRT patch. It is day 16 without cancer sticks. Can I say week 3? I think I can. By 4am I decided to give up. I switched on the TV and flicked channels. I ended up watching Fox News on Sky. I'm not sure how I thought this would help me sleep, I was tired and not thinking clearly. (I don't have Sky at my flat but this house does. It is a bone of contention as my attempts to convert the owner to Freeview have, so far, failed. I've got an old On Digital box at my flat which gets me BBC News 24 and a random selection of other Freeview channels.) Eventually, at around 7am, I fell asleep on the sofa. I'd have to say that I'm not feeling fully up to speed today.

On a more positive note, I have seen some very funny stuff since I switched on the PC this afternoon. Some links coming once I've had something to eat. (Not that the sites in question need any links from me. More an acknowledgement of stuff which made me lol.) I may well spend much of the evening trying to design a poster for the first time. It could go horribly wrong but I'll never know if I don't give it a go.