Monday, March 14, 2005

News from Aberdeen

In an effort to make my blog a bit more personal I thought I would add the occasional post about the news where I live. I also hope to give readers an insight into the kind of difficulties faced by the citizens of the north east of Scotland.

This first story was reported on the front page of the local morning newspaper,
The Press and Journal.
The story can be found by clicking this link:
BOOKINGS CANCELLED AS FIRE CHIEF ORDERS LEISURE CENTRE TO CLOSE

It is difficult to believe, I know. One of our local 10-pin bowling establishments had to close down as it was found to have a faulty fire alarm. It was closed at 9.30pm on Saturday and was only opened again at 5.30pm the next day after an engineer had repaired the alarm. This was very difficult for me to deal with but I just had to cope. There was no choice.

I genuinely do feel sorry for the child who had his 10th birthday party booking cancelled. I do hope his family are suitably compensated.

No comments: