Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A Fresh Start

It's Tuesday evening and I'm struggling with all the things I still need to learn. I may take this blog down and start a new one. This is not yet decided. I have a number of other issues which I need to attend to but I do intend to blog on. I still need to work out exactly what I can and can't do, what Trackback is and how it works, and how to get a suitable comments system to work. These will all be worked out in the fullness of time.

In the meantime I don't intend to post much here as I feel like I don't really know what I'm doing. I'll plough on in some manner though and make it a bit more personal and make it clear where I am coming from. I never wanted to be thought of as from the political left. It seems that the UK has moved so far to the right that even someone as middle of the road as me can find common ground with what used to be the left wing of the Labour Party. I don't think this is healthy for democracy and it reaffirms my belief that the UK electoral system is in dire need of reform. It's only my opinion but I think we need more than two options for who will run the country. Proportional Representation can't be any worse than what has happened in the last few years so I think we should give it a go.

These are just my opinions though and what do I know about it anyway.

No comments: