Friday, March 18, 2005

Diary Post 7

Not Smoking
4 days since my last cigarette. I'm using nicotine patches and they seem to be working pretty well. I don't even feel particularly stressed out. I won't go into great detail about what is coming out of my lungs, suffice to say it is not nice to look at.

Newsnight
I was watching Newsnight earlier. I've said it before but I'll say it again; I believe in the BBC. There is one slightly irritating aspect to the programme if you live up here in Scotland. At 11pm the national broadcast is rudely interupted by Newsnight Scotland. I don't want to denigrate the Scottish edition but I do want to watch the main programme till it is finished. Tonight the cut was made immediately after the "Secret plans for Iraq's oil" report. I wanted to see the discussion on this so I logged on to the website. This is not my PC (mine still won't connect to internet) and this one didn't have RealPlayer installed so I had to install that first. Once I'd done that I'd missed the discussion as it is live online. I decided to watch it later.

I did see This Week with Diane Abbott and Michael Portillo which was informative and entertaining as always (those two don't half sit close to each other). When I came back to watch Newsnight online I disovered that there was no discussion after the Iraq oil report. Oh dear. I did watch the story about the NPT so at least my efforts weren't entirely wasted.

Other stuff
I went to the bank and payed in the money I had collected for Comic Relief ; £94 in the end so I didn't quite make the £100. I also bought a new book (for £1) but I'm not saying what it is. I might say once I've finished it.

Finally, I noticed that Bush has nominated Paul Wolfowitz as President of the World Bank, no that can't be right. I've seen this on all sorts of media but surely it's some sort of elaborate hoax. I probably shouldn't put this in a diary post but I haven't had time to post it seperately and I can't let it go without mentioning it. Sometimes it is really difficult to express my feelings without swearing. Flumping mooder brooder, I don't think they're joking.

No comments: