Monday, March 07, 2005

Diary Post 2

When I started this blog I didn't intend to say much about myself. I've been shown the error of my ways and so I've started doing these diary posts. I don't want to blow my own trumpet. I realise that many people have been living their lives in a far more considerate way than I have ever managed. I am trying to record my own attempts to live better mostly for my own benefit. It helps to motivate me when I am tempted by something I know I shouldn't want. So bearing all that in mind here is what I've done today.

Today I bought my first ever item of clothing from a charity shop. It is a blue jumper from Oxfam and very nice it is too. As a bonus it only cost £6 which I would say is a result all round.

I'd also been struggling but managing to resist buying my favourite brand of white chocolate. Oxfam sells Fairtrade "Divine" white chocolate so I bought some of that as well. I can now say with confidence that the name is most apt; it is very tasty and comes without the guilty aftertaste.

I've managed to keep away from other temptations. I still need to quit the cancer sticks but this will need some preparation if I am going to succeed. Updates to follow.


No comments: